First of all, my night last night was amazing. I have never played a basement show, especially one in my own city of New Haven and especially one that housed a vegan potluck before and during the show. I was amazed at the positive energy everyone was putting forward, and it truly made me excited to be a part of something so unique and special. Id like to thank Andy, Emily and Mitchell for their hospitality and everyone who came out to make that night amazing, including my best friends Kevin, Chris, and Joe, as well as a few new friends from the Southern CT area that ive met along the way. My decision to cut meat out of my diet was backed up by how delicious the food was last night, including vegan shepards pie, vegan chocolate and peanut butter squares, and Cadah's delicious vegan apple pie. Enough about that though, heres whatsup for today.
Its a rare occasion that I get a break from my hectic schedule, but with some kindness from work and the generosity of the CT higher education system I have both work and school off today and tomorrow. Cadah and I planned a pretty fun day outside, but much to our dismay we woke up to find it snowing, which was followed an hour later by rain. This, although dissapointing, provided the perfect opportunity to get stuff done that needed to get done.
Our first order of business was obviously food ( as we are both large fans of eating) so we hopped in Cadah's Golf and headed down Post Rd to Trader Joes. I had truly never been there before so it was actually awesome to get a chance to go. With my recent decision to cut meat out of my diet, it was a good opportunity to load up on some vegetarian options. After that we headed over to Stop and Shop where we completed our food search. What I am really pumped about however is the fact that S&S in Milford is huge, and their selection is massive. I found Throat Coat which I have been looking for for ages. Throat Coat is an organic caffeine free tea that vocalists often use to settle and coat their throats before and after sets. When I saw the Mars Volta two years ago I asked them what they use and they highly reccomended throat coat. SO, purchasing that was awesome. I also picked up random nominal items that I needed, like a new headset for X-Box Live ( HIT ME UP AT HOTBOXSALADTOSS) and we bought scrabble to play later.
Were back home now and were pretty exausted from the trip so we are going to retire to our bed to watch Arrested Development. Have a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment